Hello everyone! Long time, no see! I have certainly taken a bit of an unplanned hiatus from the blog these last few months, so I guess this is more an Autumn Roundup than a Weekly Roundup. Oddly enough, as the holidays are approaching I find life to be slowing down a little… maybe I shouldn’t say that out loud! 🙂 Here’s what we’ve been up to recently…
- I think I mentioned before that I started a new job. This was a great move and I have really been enjoying it, but the work is more challenging and has resulted in quite a few more tired evenings. As time has passed I feel as though I am better acclimating to the change in schedule, so here I am… back again!
- Nate and I were blessed to be able to sneak away for another fabulous vacation this year. We so enjoyed our trip last year to the Outer Banks of North Carolina that we headed back again! We got to spend 10 lovely days soaking up the sun, strolling on the beach and taking some great hikes. While the vacation itself was amazing, the best part of our trips is always the time spent together, just the two of us.
- Is it possible that Thanksgiving is next week?! I feel like I left on vacation and came back to Christmas. I am already feeling woefully behind this holiday season, but I do have one gift purchased… so there’s that. The plan is to put my Christmas decorations up this weekend, so perhaps that will put me in a festive mood! The older I get the more I stop to absorb the blessings of the Christmas season and am so thankful that our families are close.
- I have rediscovered my love for the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads! This was a staple in my routine for some time, but as often happens, I let myself run out and didn’t repurchase. I knew my skin has been rough and dull, but I just didn’t piece together that this was the missing ingredient. I don’t know what’s in these things that makes the magic, but they have brought the glow and evenness back to my complexion. This skincare staple really is a difference maker!
- Do you suffer from chapped lips in the winter? I do terribly, and I shared last year how much the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask helped my extremely chapped lips. Now that fall is here, I have purchased another tube and it is once again an essential item. It truly is the only thing that will keep my lips hydrated in the colder months. You can read my complete review of the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask HERE.
Well, it feels so good to catch up after so much time away! Thank you all for your patience. Since we are headed into the busiest time of year, I am not going to promise any specific schedule at this point, but I will definitely be back more often. Check back soon for a roundup of some of my favorite recipes I will be making for the holidays!
I hope you and your families have a blessed Thanksgiving!